[asterisk-users] RTCP SR transmission

jonas kellens jonas.kellens at telenet.be
Mon Dec 14 02:35:20 CST 2009

[Dec 14 09:23:18] ERROR[15198]: rtp.c:2482 ast_rtcp_write_sr: RTCP SR
transmission error to XX.XX.XX.65:5037, rtcp halted Operation not
permitted

This is a log entry on a public Asterisk-server. My SIP-client
(Grandstream GXP2010) can perfectly register to this public
Asterisk-server.

My SIP-client is behind a firewall.

Port 5060 is no problem because SIP-registration succeeds.
RTP is also no problem because the 2 endpoints can talk to each other.
RTCP seems a problem. So there is RTP-traffic on port 5036 (even port)
and RTCP on the next port (5037).

What does Asterisk mean when RTCP SR transmission is not permitted ????

Is this a setting in Asterisk ? My Endian firewall ? My Grandstream SIP
phone ??

Thanks,

Jonas.