[asterisk-users] Unable to open file...

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Sun Dec 13 00:01:13 CST 2009

Hopefully un-top-posting correctly...

On Sat, 12 Dec 2009, Alex Balashov wrote:

>>> Either that, or a perfect example of user imprecision.  It's OK to
>>> demand a certain grammar from the users of what amounts to a scripting
>>> language, including one that is sensitive to whitespace.

> On 12/12/2009 11:54 PM, John Novack wrote:

>> In this case, though, the former. the parser handling of spaces varies
>> from version to version, and in some cases even on a given line. A well
>> known weak point that has seen some improvement through the versions

On Sat, 12 Dec 2009, Alex Balashov wrote:

> Has Background(arg) ever not worked?

While it is inconsistent with my personal coding style, is there any
rational reason that background( arg ) should not work? I don't think I
have ever used any system that considered unquoted leading or trailing
whitespace to be significant in the context of a file name.

The only reason I can think of for having a file name with leading
whitespace is if you want to have the file name appear at the top of an
"ls." I can't think of a reason why you would want trailing whitespace.

--
Thanks in advance,