[asterisk-users] ATA FXO

Joseph syscon780 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 21:52:53 CST 2009

On 12/11/09 14:05, Jonathan Thurman wrote:
>On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 12:44 PM, Connor Spiess <cspiess at idea-ma.com> wrote:
>>>Joseph
>>
>> You could also check out the Audio Codes gateways if the Grandstream doesn't work out for you. They make FXO/FXS
>> gateways. They were reliable boxes for us but this was to a non-asterisk PBX over MGCP. I mention them cause I know
>> they make a SIP based one.
>
>We use AudioCodes MP-114 2FXS/2FXO and they have been rock solid.  I
>have a bunch used for faxing connected back to Asterisk over SIP.
>
>I will say that I have had a LOT of issues with faxing on the larger
>GrandStream GXW-4024s and had to replace them.  I put a AudioCodes
>MP-124 in and have had no complaints since.
>
>-Jonathan

Thank for suggestion.
Well, it is not that cheap but the problem with their equipment is luck support and decent manual.
Whatever I google about AudioCodecs everybody seems to be straggling with the setup; I don't think this should be that hard to write a decent instructions
if they want to sell their product.
Maybe they have a good product but without support it will not mean much.
eg.:
http://www.trixbox.org/forums/trixbox-forums/trunks/trixbox-2-2-and-audio-codes-mp-114-fxo-setup

--
Joseph