[asterisk-users] need help to setup a sip trunk between a Nortel CS1000 and asterisk

James Hopwood jhopwood at amscotfinancial.com
Thu Dec 10 13:56:23 CST 2009

I'm completely new to asterisk and while we have access to Nortel experts none of them know asterisk and since I'm the network guy I've been lumped with this.

This is what I'm trying to accomplish

We have a CS1000 that's sip capable.
I want to be able to connect an Asterisk box to the cs1000 via sip as an IVR, so I can pass a call off to asterisk, go through some IVR menus and have the asterisk box send the calls back to the CS1000 to the correct extensions.

Now I have a clean Asterisk install with nothing on it but a single sip phone so I could test it was working.

What I need to find out is how do I setup the sip trunks between the CS1000 and the Asterisk server. A how to would be great, or a pointer in the right direction as to what I need to learn / know to figure this out.

As I mentioned above I'm a complete noob
An will probably need a lot of help on this

Thanks in advance

James Hopwood

This Email message and any attachments are confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Amscot Financial, Inc. immediately by replying to this message and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.Thank You.