[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.6.1.11 Fax

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Dec 10 13:33:48 CST 2009

Cyprus VoIP wrote:

> Before posting my question, I analyzed the entire SIP negotiation and it
> was fine. The problem began in the T.38 negotiation itself, after the
> Asterisk's reINVITE. I don't have the old calls traces anymore, but I'll
> make new ones tomorrow and post them here.

The T.38 negotiation is part of the SIP negotiation, so that comment
doesn't make a lot of sense.

> Regarding the MaxBitRate, is it possible to increase it to 14400 or is
> 9600 the max allowed?

It is controlled by the endpoint that is performing the T.38 negotiation
in Asterisk, either an application or a channel driver (if the call is
bridged to another channel). It can be set to any value allowed by the
T.38 Recommendation, but it will only be set to values that the
application actually supports. Increasing it is no way going to make
your T.38 negotiation succeed if they are failing, nor will it make
FAXes work if they are failing. It's purely an informational element.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kpfleming at digium.com