[asterisk-users] Sangoma A101DE with Dell PE 2850

Ricardo Melendez rmelendez at utep.com.mx
Tue Dec 8 12:43:58 CST 2009

Hi friends, I am about to install an asterisk server using a Sangoma A101DE
over a Dell PE 2850 Server but I have doubts about PCI requirements.

First I see at sangoma page that A101DE is PCI-Express  (I think  x1 for the
size of the connector)

And the specs for the PE 2850 is

For PCI-X

 one 3.3-V, 64-bit, 100-MHz or three 3.3-V, 64 bit, 133MHz

for PCI Express

one x4 lane width
one x8 lane width

I can connect the card to any of the slots?, or only to PCI-Express Slots?
(is compatible the card with x4 and x8 PCI-Express slots?)

Thanks in advance.

Atte.

Ricardo