[asterisk-users] Asterisk Voicemail

Brian Chamberlain brian at dotnet.ie
Tue Dec 8 08:56:50 CST 2009

Hi List,

Apologies if this appears twice.. Apple mail seemed to post a follow up last time that isn't appearing..

I am running 'Asterisk 1.4.22 built by root'

I have an issue with voicemails. In the var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/extnnnn/inbox the msgnnn.txt files are flagged as readable, this causes asterisk to just skip over the voicemails when listening.

drwx-w---- 2 asterisk  4096 2009-12-03 15:17 .
drwx-w---- 7 asterisk  4096 2009-12-02 10:55 ..
-r--rw-rw- 1 asterisk   267 2009-12-03 15:17 msg0000.txt
-rwx-w---- 1 asterisk 44204 2009-12-03 15:17 msg0000.wav

I know there was something that had to be changed in voicemail.c and asterisk recompiled some time ago but I can't recall it.

This system has been installed about 3 months but has only gone into production this week.

If anyone could help would be appreciated.

Regards and TIA.

Brian