[asterisk-users] TE420P configuration - Loopback

ABBAS SHAKEEL shakeel.abbas.qau at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 07:35:51 CST 2009

No Problem you are Welcome. But please try to be on the list

Loop back connector can be used to test your card .
For loop back connector you have to make a loopback cable. that you will
plug in card. its image is
here<http://s580.photobucket.com/albums/ss246/shakeelabbas/?action=view&current=IMAGE_054.jpg&newest=1>
.

How to make loopback connector? You can follow below table

RJ-48 Pin (on T1/E1 PIC)
(Data numbering form)
RJ-48 Pin
(Data numbering form)
Signal
1
4
RX/Ring/- <-->TX/Ring/-
2
5
RX/Tip/+ <-->TX/Tip/+
4
1
TX/Ring/- <-->RX/Ring/-
5
2
TX/Tip/+ <-->RX/Tip/+
3
3
Shield/Return/Ground
6
6
Shield/Return/Ground
7
No connect
No connect
8
No connect
No connect
9
No connect
No connect
10
No connect
No connect
11
No connect
No connect
12
No connect
No connect
13
No connect
No connect
14
No connect
No connect
15
No connect
No connect

Once You are done with Loop back connector.
Use the following configuration.
n chan_dahdi.conf

[channels]
callerid=asreceived
resetinterval=never
pridialplan=unknown
signalling=pri_cpe
switchtype=euroisdn
immediate=yes
group=0
context=test_in
channel=1-15,17-31

group=1
signalling=pri_net
context=test_out
channel=32-46,48-62

And in extensions.conf

[test_in]
exten => s,1,Answer();
exten => s,n,Playback(tt-monkeys)
exten => s,n,hangup();

[test_out]
exten => _X.,1,dial(DAHDI/g1/${EXTEN},60,R)

Once  You are done with configuration you can test by making a call using
asterisk cmd dial application in console.

Please let me know if you face any problem

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 5:59 PM, Daniel Airini <daniel at syscomdigital.ro>wrote:

>  Forgive me for disturbing you again.
> I had a talk with guys from my provider, and they ask me to setup my card
> for loopback.
> They need to make tests.
> Do you know how to do it?
>
> Daniel
>
> You are welcome
>
> On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 5:22 PM, Daniel Airini <daniel at syscomdigital.ro>wrote:
>
>> It seems the jumper was the problem.
>> Changing to E1 solved it.
>> Now spans are detected, but seems there is no signal from my provider.
>> I got RED alarm.
>> Will contact provider, to see what's next.
>>
>> I think i can get it through from here.
>> Thanks for your help.
>>
>> Daniel
>>

>>  PART1:-
>> First Please look that the jumper is set for E1 or T1. Make sure that the
>> jumper on the card is set for E1.
>> Once you are sure that jumper is for E1 and dahdi and asterisk is
>> installed then
>> use dahdi_genconf to generate the configuration files.
>> Now
>>
>>  In chan_dahdi.conf
>>
>> [channels]
>> callerid=asreceived
>> resetinterval=never
>> pridialplan=unknown
>> signalling=pri_cpe
>> switchtype=euroisdn
>> immediate=yes
>> group=0
>> context=test_in
>> channel=1-15,17-31
>>

>> And in extensions.conf
>>
>> [test_in]
>> exten => s,1,Answer();
>> exten => s,n,Playback(tt-monkeys)
>> exten => s,n,hangup();
>>

>>  Let me know if you need more help
>>

>>   On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 4:21 PM, Daniel Airini <daniel at syscomdigital.ro>wrote:
>>
>>> Thank you for your help
>>>
>>> This is my situation:
>>>
>>> I have TE420P card and E1 line.
>>> Running dahdi_hadware i got this output:
>>>
>>> pci:0000:02:08.0     wct4xxp-     d161:0420 Wildcard TE420 (4th Gen)
>>>
>>> It seems that hardware is detected.
>>> Now what shoud i configure?
>>>
>>> dahdi_cfg -v gave me this:
>>>
>>> DAHDI Tools Version - 2.2.0
>>> DAHDI Version:
>>> Echo Canceller(s):
>>> Configuration
>>> ======================
>>> Channel map:
>>> 0 channels to configure.
>>>
>>>  Where do i have to put settings for my E1 line?
>>> I have E1 with euroisdn, [ bchan=1-15,17-31], [dchan=16]
>>> I'm really confused with all those configuration files.
>>> I have to set span or are is autodetecetd?
>>>
>>> lsmod is this:
>>> ### Span  1: DAHDI_DUMMY/1 "DAHDI_DUMMY/1 (source: HRtimer) 1" (MASTER)
>>>
>>> dahdi_scan is this:
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> active=yes
>>> alarms=UNCONFIGURED
>>> description=DAHDI_DUMMY/1 (source: HRtimer) 1
>>> name=DAHDI_DUMMY/1
>>> manufacturer=
>>> devicetype=DAHDI Dummy Timing
>>> location=