[asterisk-users] How to use SIP hints and BLF for realtime extensions on Aastra phones?

Zeeshan Zakaria zishanov at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 15:29:44 CST 2009

Actually it was the 'call-limit' option which needed to have some value more
than 0. By default the realtime extensions have it set to 0, and there was
no such field in `sip-buddies` table. So I created it in `sip_buddies` and
set it to 50, and now hints work just perfectly fine as they should. The
only downside is that I have to enter static lines like "exten =>
222,hint,SIP/222" for all the extensions under a separate context, as it
looks like they can't be assigned as variables in extensions.ael or
extensions.conf. I haven't tried putting them in the `extensions` table, but
the documentation says hints don't work for contexts in `extensions` table.
Any ideas?

--
Zeeshan

Zeeshan A Zakaria