[asterisk-users] only the first ResetCDR works after upgrade to 1.6

Andrew Witt andrew.witt at revol.com
Sun Dec 6 14:52:48 CST 2009

Andrew Witt wrote:

 > I am upgrading from asterisk v1.2 to v1.6 and I am seeing a problem with
 > recording CDRs using MySQL.  Unlike all of the other postings and web
 > pages I have found on this issue, my installation successfully stores
 > the -first- CDR, but nothing after that.

It looks like the issues related to changes made in how NoCDR, ForkCDR,
and ResetCDR in v1.4 work affect re-use of ResetCDR within a single
phone call.

e.g., bugs #12946, #13892, #16222 and others are related, even though
they concern mainly v1.4 and call scenarios other than mine (such as
transfers, non-answered calls, etc.)

The bottom line is that the CDR status is "NO ANSWER" after calling
ResetCDR the first time (even though the dialplan is still handling a
call that was ANSWER'd.)

By setting "unanswered = yes" in cdr.conf, multiple calls to ResetCDR
during a single phone call produce output for each ResetCDR( ).

--
Andrew Witt
Sr. Software Systems Engineer
andrew.witt at revol.com
www.revol.com

THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO WHICH IT IS ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, forwarding, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail or telephone, and delete the original message immediately.