[asterisk-users] How to use SIP hints and BLF for realtime extensions on Aastra phones?

Zeeshan Zakaria zishanov at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 12:23:04 CST 2009

Actually BLF works fine on one system with Asterisk 1.4.22-4 but not on the
other one with Asterisk 1.4.18. Both have exact same sip.conf and
extensions.conf, same extension numbers. Is there anything else which could
effect it. The one on which it doesn't work is on a virtual machine, on a
virtual network.

--
Zeeshan

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 11:07 AM, Philipp Kempgen
<philipp.kempgen at amooma.de>wrote:

> Zeeshan Zakaria schrieb:
> > I need to make use of BLF feature on Aastra 6757i phones but its an
> Asterisk
> > 1.4 using realtime architecture. Extensions
>
> "extensions" == sip.conf peers?
>
> > are defined in realtime database
> > and dial plan is in AEL. I am able to correctly setup hints in the
> dialplan,
> > but they don't work. Did some research and found out that hints don't
> work
> > work with realtime extensions.
>
> They do, if rtcachefriends is enabled in sip.conf.
>
> > Is there any work around?
> >
> > On voip-info I read that Snom phones can use BLF without using hints.
>
> Huh?
>
> > Is it
> > possible to do similar on Aastra phones?
>
> Carlos Chavez schrieb:
> > You need to enable rtcachefriends=yes in sip.conf
>
> Zeeshan Zakaria schrieb:
> > It is already enabled in sip.conf.
>
> All I can say is that "it should work".  :-)
>

>    Philipp Kempgen
> --
> AMOOMA GmbH - Bachstr. 126 - 56566 Neuwied  ->  http://www.amooma.de
> Geschäftsführer: Stefan Wintermeyer, Handelsregister: Neuwied B14998
> Asterisk: http://the-asterisk-book.com - http://das-asterisk-buch.de
> Videos of the AMOOCON VoIP conference 2009 ->  http://www.amoocon.de
> --

Zeeshan A Zakaria