[asterisk-users] Call Limits

Dan Journo dan at keshercommunications.com
Sun Dec 6 07:49:35 CST 2009

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to limit the number of concurrent calls a client can make.

I have a client that has 6 SIP accounts. One for each SIP phone.
I want to limit it so that they can only make 2 outgoing calls at a time so that I can bill them "per channel" rather than "per extension".

A separate (but not so important) issue is that I want them to be able to make unlimited numbers of calls without their 6 extensions.
So that they can have a maximum of 2 outgoing calls, and the other 4 phones can still speak to each other without having to wait for one of the 2 other calls to end.

I thought that maybe one way would be to duplicate the outbound sip settings and label them "outbound_client_1" and then use call-limit within that.

Has anyone got any experience of this?

Thanks
Dan Journo
Kesher Communications Ltd