[asterisk-users] Asterisk to Email

Thomas Perron thomas.perron at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 19:25:33 CST 2009

How can this scenario be implemented please?
THIS IS NOT A SEND TEXT application.

A call arrives on the IVR.
After hearing several vectors to guide the person through information
I want to confirm a transaction via email to his cell phone.

Specifically, I want to use his phone number and then append the SMTP
suffix from his service provider.

Press 1 if you use Verizon, 2 if you use ATT, 3 if you use Sprint, 4
for T-Mobile, etc.

And, then send an email to the party.  Example....

3035551212 at tmobile.net

Summary
1.  Capture the CID number.
2.  Prepend his number to his service provider SMTP address
3.  Email it to his phone

I assume I need to install SendMail and play around with CID stuff.
Any hints?