[asterisk-users] Setting up skype

Julian Lyndon-Smith asterisk at dotr.com
Sat Dec 5 16:38:57 CST 2009

As I have no friends and no life I thought that I would set up my
asterisk server with Skype.

1) Paid the $, got the licence, built and installed
2) create a business skype account (called company "foo")
3) created a member of the business called "bar"
4) updated the skype conf file
5) restarted asterisk

=> skype show settings
Skype For Asterisk Settings:
        engine_directory: /tmp
        data_directory: /var/spool/asterisk/skype
        defaultuser: bar
        bind_address: 0.0.0.0
        bind_port: 0
        rtp_address: 127.0.0.1
        https_proxy:
        https_proxy_user:
        https_proxy_password:
        socks5_proxy:
        socks5_proxy_user:
        socks5_proxy_password:
        disable_tcpauto: no
        disable_udp: no
        debug: no

=> skype show users
Skype Users>
bar: Logged In

6) added a test to extensions.conf

exten => 123650,1,Dial(Skype/bar at my.personal.skype)
exten => 123650,2,Hangup()

and get a

 Everyone is busy/congested at this time (1:0/0/1)
[Dec  5 20:15:08]     -- Executing [123650 at isdnspan1:2]
Hangup("Zap/1-1", "") in new stack

My skype client can find "bar", but it is "offline", so I can't place
calls either

Anyone know what I am doing wrong ?? (1.4 source svn trunk)

TIA

Julian