[asterisk-users] MWI count wrong when using IMAP and VM

--[ UxBoD ]-- uxbod at splatnix.net
Fri Dec 4 10:41:19 CST 2009

[root at voip ~]# asterisk -V
Asterisk 1.6.1.11

When using the above version with IMAP VoiceMail integration when I leave a message my SNOM360 it shows 2 message waiting; yet when running voicemail show users from the Asterisk CLI it correctly reports 1.

It would appear that when the VM is temporarily stored, and the VM is delivered by IMAP to the remote mail account, the MWI is being initiated with a incorrect count.

I then delete the VM from either 1) the phone 2) the mail account the MWI goes blank and the message count shows 0 correctly.

I am still trying to debug but any thoughts on this ?

Here is how I have voicemail.conf :-

[general]
format=wav49
maxsecs=180
minsecs=5
skipms=3000
maxsilence=3
silencethreshold=128
maxlogins=3
imapserver=<imap_server>
imapfolder=VoiceMail Office
imapport=993
imapflags=ssl
authuser=<imap_user>
authpassword=<imap_password>

[voicemail]
1001 => 1234,<user>,,,imapuser=<user at imap_server>

Best Regards,

dangerous content and is believed to be clean.

SplatNIX IT Services :: Innovation through collaboration