[asterisk-users] IAX2 Port issue

James A. Shigley jas at answeringserv.com
Fri Dec 4 10:37:32 CST 2009

Trying to configure IAX for use

I think I have everything set right. But my IAX phone wont connect.

When I run wireshark I'm seeing this

Note if above screenshot from wireshark does not show here is a link for
it: http://img402.imageshack.us/i/tempe.jpg/

I've tried a variety of setups in my IAX.conf (they all end up with the
same issue, tried just bindaddr=0.0.0.0 with bindport=4569, tried as in
the below example specifying the port for the address and using a
different once incase of conflict with something else I am unaware of.

[general]

bindport=4569               ; bindport and bindaddr may be specified

;                               ; NOTE: bindport must be specified
BEFORE

                            ; bindaddr or may be specified on a specific

                            ; bindaddr if followed by colon and port

                            ;  (e.g. bindaddr=192.168.0.1:4569)

bindaddr=192.168.17.140:4570

bindaddr=0.0.0.0            ; more than once to bind to multiple

;                               ; addresses, but the first will be the

;                               ; default

;

The above being the most recent IAX.conf

Below is what I get in the CLI whenever I reload for a change.

egg*CLI> iax2 reload

  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/iax.conf':   == Found

  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/users.conf':   == Found

[Dec  4 10:17:36] NOTICE[6080]: chan_iax2.c:11087 set_config: Ignoring
bindport on reload

[Dec  4 10:17:36] NOTICE[6080]: chan_iax2.c:11148 set_config: Ignoring
bindaddr on reload

[Dec  4 10:17:36] NOTICE[6080]: chan_iax2.c:11148 set_config: Ignoring
bindaddr on reload

[Dec  4 10:17:36] NOTICE[6080]: chan_iax2.c:11148 set_config: Ignoring
bindaddr on reload

  == Loaded firmware 'iaxy.bin'

egg*CLI>

Any ideas?

James Shigley

Monroe Telephone Answering Service

409-981-9213

Infinity 5.51,UC 4.02.3803, Blink 3.0.104

Ecreator:2.21, eResponse 1.1.7

Webportal,WebApps,

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email, including any attachments, contains
information which may be confidential or privileged. The information =is
intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If
you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is
prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the
sender immediately by "reply to sender only" message and destroy all
electronic and hard copies of the communication, including attachments.