[asterisk-users] Fax throughput - Asterisk 1.6.1.9

Cyprus VoIP voipcy at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 09:49:34 CST 2009

>> We set "t38pt_udptl=yes" in sip.conf and allowed all the codecs to the
>> local extension and remote Proxy, but it still forces the call to go
>> back to a voice call.
>
> Define 'internal extension'. Is this a T.38-capable device? If not,
> Asterisk doesn't support TDM-to-T.38 FAX relay (yet). If it is, then the
> path to resolving this problem is to collect a complete console log of
> the failing call, including 'core set debug 10', 'core set verbose 10'
> and 'sip set debug on' (and please ensure that all five logger levels
> are enabled for the 'console' log channel in logger.conf).

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your answer. The 'internal extension' is indeed a T.38
capable device that works perfectly when connected directly to the
Proxy/ITSP.

As you said, the key to debugging/resolving this issue is the logger. I
wasn't aware of this file. this is what I have there:
;debug => debug
console => notice,warning,error
;console => notice,warning,error,debug
messages => notice,warning,error
;full => notice,warning,error,debug,verbose

Should I change the "console..." line or uncomment the ";full..." line?

Regards,

Andreas