[asterisk-users] Fax throughput - Asterisk 1.6.1.9

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Dec 3 06:48:11 CST 2009

Cyprus VoIP wrote:

> We set "t38pt_udptl=yes" in sip.conf and allowed all the codecs to the
> local extension and remote Proxy, but it still forces the call to go
> back to a voice call.

Define 'internal extension'. Is this a T.38-capable device? If not,
Asterisk doesn't support TDM-to-T.38 FAX relay (yet). If it is, then the
path to resolving this problem is to collect a complete console log of
the failing call, including 'core set debug 10', 'core set verbose 10'
and 'sip set debug on' (and please ensure that all five logger levels
are enabled for the 'console' log channel in logger.conf).

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kpfleming at digium.com