[asterisk-users] Slightly OT - Oreka Call Recording

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 09:04:23 CST 2009

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 6:08 AM, Leif Neland <leifn at neland.dk> wrote:
> /me wonders why you don't let asterisk record the audio itself instead of
> adding a 3.rd party

There was a discussion about this a few months ago on this list.

I haven't personally run into this issue, but another poster claimed
that at a certain point of simultaneous channels, they were having
problems writing to disk and that load was going high on the system.
When they separated recording out, those problems went away.

At the time, the idea sounded silly, and the more I thought about it,
SIP audio over UDP is the perfect candidate for this kind of
port-mirroring treatment. I have not played with Oreka, but after that
previous discussion it sounds interesting enough that I want to play
with it in my lab.