[asterisk-users] Question about g729

Dan Journo dan at keshercommunications.com
Wed Dec 2 03:43:20 CST 2009

However, I've read somewhere that passthrough doesnt require a license. Which means that if your sip clients can transmit in g729 and your voip provider can receive in g729, your asterisk server won't need to do any encoding and therefore doesn't need any licenses. It is simply passing the data through from your sip clients to the voip provider. Not sure what happens if you want to play recorded messages and things. It would probably need licenses then because its encoding.

Sent from my Windows Mobile® phone.