[asterisk-users] Polycom retrieve call from hold

Mike Diehl mdiehl at diehlnet.com
Tue Dec 1 14:50:47 CST 2009

On Saturday 28 November 2009 06:48:01 pm Darrick Hartman wrote:

> I'd configure the phone using the XML files, but take a look at the
> method that Karl Fife has documented here:
>
> http://www.kfife.com/voip/
>
> Minimal changes are made to files.  The base config files are never
> touched which makes upgrading firmware versions super easy.

OK, so I've moved my configuration to use the technique outlined above.
Worked great.  However, I then tried to change the userid to use a different
convention.  Now the phones are dorked up.  Eventhough I've configured the
user id to be the macaddress - line number, the phone is still trying to
register with the old username.

Here is the content of the 000000000000.cfg file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<APPLICATION APP_FILE_PATH="sip.ld"
CONFIG_FILES="Polycom-[MACADDRESS].cfg, diehlnet.cfg, phone1.cfg, sip.cfg"
MISC_FILES="" LOG_FILE_DIRECTORY="log/" OVERRIDES_DIRECTORY=""
CONTACTS_DIRECTORY="contacts/" LICENSE_DIRECTORY="">
</APPLICATION>

The phone1.cfg and sip.cfg files have not been changed.  My ftp server log
confirms that the files are being downloaded.

My asterisk console tells me that the phone is still trying to register with
the old credentials:

[Dec  1 13:41:15] NOTICE[23600]: chan_sip.c:14042 handle_request_register:
Registration from '<sip:line_3 at 10.0.1.1>' failed for '10.0.1.58' - No
matching peer found

I've made a stripped down and santized version of the config files available
at:

http://www.diehlnet.com/diehlnet.txt
http://www.diehlnet.com/Polycom-0004f211d1d0.txt

I've changed the extensions on the website from .cfg to .txt so that it will
open better for you.

What have I done wrong?

--

Take care and have fun,