[asterisk-users] Max how many users in sip.conf

mthayeb at gmail.com mthayeb at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 06:54:14 CST 2009

later i figured out the following.

my sip.conf was 2.2Mega Bytes size when populated with 50k users. That means
2.2 x 1024 = 2.2 GB of memory. which is definitely not an option with my
small amazon system.  I tried with 20k users, hola.. everything works fine.
tried with 25k, still works, but asterisk took time to load sip module.
tried with 40k, asterisk couldn't start.

so decided to settle with 25k userbase.

regards

MT Kondela