[asterisk-users] Measuring voice quality with Asterisk

Mon Aug 31 07:55:14 CDT 2009

Matt Riddell schrieb:
> On 31/08/09 8:47 PM, Klaus Darilion wrote:
>>
>> Olle E. Johansson schrieb:

>>> Check the RTPAUDIOQOS variable documented in channelvariables.txt :-)
>>>
>>> You propably want to catch it in the "h" extension and put it in the
>>> CDRs or something.
>> That is good for after-call statistics. I am currently trying to get
>> real-time stats.
>
> Do the rtcp stats give out info over the manager?  Maybe you could use
> those?  They definitely come up in the console if enabled.

Yes, those events are reported over AMI.

In my first tests I connected via AMI and fetched a channel list, and
then for each channel I fetched CHANNEL(qos,audio,all). Of course that
did not scaled. Thus, I wonder if reading RTP events scale.

Further I found out that the RTCP events do not have a reference to a
channel. Thus, it is not possible to find out which channel
received/sent this RTCP packet.

As the QoS settings are also stored within the rtp channel structure, I
was thinking of adding some functionality to rtp handler to export QoS
stats every few seconds and when the call ends.

regards
klaus