[asterisk-users] Question of resiliance

Alex Samad alex at samad.com.au
Sun Aug 30 19:54:45 CDT 2009

Hi

I am in the process of move a company from pstn to an asterisk setup.

They had 2 pstn lines - only really needed a max of 2 previously.

Now I have installed a tdm410 to handle the cross over from pabx to voip
handset.  this has been done, the tdm is now just used to provide a
backup pstn line - only used as a last resort for outgoing calls - as
its shared with a fax line.

I use 2 voip providers one primarily for local and std and the other for
mobile calls, all though they can be backups for each other. and then
the pstn line

originally i had (and still till i get around to changing them) macros
to dial each interface and macro's that handle trying each voip and then
pstn in order, this is based around dialstatus (hackled from the
website).

My problem is when I have had long adsl problems (pain in the back side,
back to base alarm system) eventually asterisk seems to not want to talk
to the voip phone - nor does it allow any calls to be placed.

my guess is this
srvlookup=yes

which I had until recently - decided I don't really need it, my guess it
asterisk has a problem with name resolution and get stuck, but stuck
such that call processing can't happen.

snippet of my macro

[macro-dial-sipmnf-sippt-pstn]
;
;       Enter with these
;               ARG1 = number to dial
;               ARG2 = timeout value
;               ARG3 = flag determines if hangup or return on no answer
;                       HR = hangup and return (default)
;                       RT = return without hangup (must set)
;
;       Returns with FOUNDME = DIALSTATUS
;
;
exten => s,1,Set(GLOBAL(FOUNDME)=ANSWER)
exten => s,2,Dial(SIP/${ARG1}${SIPMNF},${ARG2})
exten => s,3,Set(GLOBAL(FOUNDME)=${DIALSTATUS})
exten => s,4,GotoIf([${DIALSTATUS} = CHANUNAVAIL]?5:12)
;
exten => s,5,Set(GLOBAL(FOUNDME)=ANSWER)
exten => s,6,Dial(SIP/${ARG1}${SIPPT},${ARG2})
exten => s,7,Set(GLOBAL(FOUNDME)=${DIALSTATUS})
exten => s,8,GotoIf([${DIALSTATUS} = CHANUNAVAIL]?9:12)
;
exten => s,9,Set(GLOBAL(FOUNDME)=ANSWER)
exten => s,10,Dial(${PSTN}/${ARG1},${ARG2})
exten => s,11,Set(GLOBAL(FOUNDME)=${DIALSTATUS})
exten => s,12,Goto(s-${DIALSTATUS},1)
;

Alex