[asterisk-users] 2 Asterisk boxes via IAX : always calling as IAX guest

jonas kellens jonas.kellens at telenet.be
Fri Aug 28 11:14:01 CDT 2009

If a call from one Asterisk box to another comes in, it always goes to
the default context because it is treated as IAX guest. I don't
understand why ?!

Asterisk box 1 iax.conf :

[BOX2]
type=user
auth=rsa
inkeys=public_key_box2
context=from-BOX2

[BOX2]
type=peer
host=dynamic
auth=rsa
outkey=private_key_box1

Asterisk box 2 iax.conf :

register => BOX2:BOX2 at IP_BOX1

[BOX1]
type=user
auth=rsa
inkeys=public_key_box1
;secret=hosted9801ast
context=from-BOX1

[BOX1]
type=peer
host=ip_box1
auth=rsa
outkey=private_key_box2

Although they have exchanged private and public keys, they are never
authenticated !!
*CLI> [Aug 28 17:58:41]     -- Accepting UNAUTHENTICATED call from
IP_BOX_1:

What do I need to do to make my 2 boxes authenticate to each other ?? So
the call is not treated as a IAX Guest call ?! And so the call does not
go to the default context each time ??

Thanks for the help !