[asterisk-users] QuickPhones QA-342 and SIP/RTP Flash Event for Transferring

Tim Nelson tnelson at rockbochs.com
Fri Aug 28 10:21:22 CDT 2009

Greetings all- I've got an odd issue with a QuickPhones QA-342 WiFi SIP phone. It registers correctly, makes calls, etc with no problems. The dtmfmode is set to rfc2833.

HOWEVER, I'm unable to transfer calls with it. The proper procedure should be to hit the 'Call' key which sends the flash event, we should get dial tone, dial the number to transfer to, then hit 'Call' again to send another flash event to complete the call transfer.

My packet captures show the phone properly sending the RTP flash events however Asterisk is not doing anything about it. Am I missing something? Is there a sip.conf config option I've missed? Anyone else have experience with this phone and Asterisk?

Thanks!

Tim Nelson
Systems/Network Support
Rockbochs Inc.