[asterisk-users] Multiple user registration ...

Mauro Sergio Ferreira Brasil mauro.brasil at tqi.com.br
Fri Aug 28 08:57:12 CDT 2009

Outch... my bad.
I saw "Muhammad Faheem" at the end of your email, and... well... thought
the first was your name... sorry about that.

Thank's a lot again, but I'm still curious about how Asterisk integrates
with your secondary persistence.
I mean... until now I saw only the codes regarding the persistence or
multiple registration info, but I can't still realize how Asterisk
perform the invitation to all these devices...

Could you please explain how it works with your solution ?

Thanks and best regards,
Mauro.

Faheem escreveu:
> [...]
>     I've noticed here that it will be a problem considering that field
>     "name" at "sip_buddies", that is my Realtime table for SIP users,
>     have a
>     UNIQUE_KEY constraint.
>     Moreover, I don't know what will happen on Realtime (probably an
>     error
>     or undesired behavior) that seems to be expecting just one record
>     user
>     record information.
>     Have you tried database approach ?
>
>     Thanks again and best regards,
>     Mauro.
>

>     Faheem escreveu:
>     > Mauro,
>     >
>     > Yes, you will receive simultaneous ring on all devices which are
>     > registered with the same SIP User Account.
>     >
>     > If a SIP user is registered on multiple devices i.e. only one SIP
>     > account is used and only one extension is used here in my
>     > implementation, then he will ring on all registered SIP enabled
>     > devices/softphones.
>     >
>     > Also I've tested it with following combinations of SIP enabled
>     > devices/Softphones.
>     >
>     > 1) Both ports of SPA2100 are registered with one SIP
>     account(Same IP
>     > address but different ports)
>     > 2) The same SIP user is registered with one port of SAP2100 and the
>     > same user is registered with Xten (multiple IP addresses)
>     > 3) The same SIP User is registered with two different SIP Dialers.
>     >
>     > Here in these three cases I've sucessfully able to receive
>     concurrent
>     > ring on the registered devices/softphones. Also CDR are working
>     correctly.
>     >
>     > The perl script works perfectly with my customization, you need to
>     > modify it according to  your requirements.
>     >
>     >
>     > Muhammad Faheem
>     > Software Engineer
>     > AxVoice Inc.
>     > 307,Y Commercial,
>     > DHA Lahore, Pakistan
>     > +92-333-4793314
>     > http://www.axvoice.com
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     > -- Bandwidth and Colocation Provided by
>     http://www.api-digital.com --
>     >
>     > AstriCon 2009 - October 13 - 15 Phoenix, Arizona
>     > Register Now: http://www.astricon.net
>     >
>     > asterisk-users mailing list
>     > To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit:
>
>     --
>     __At.,
>
>        _
>
>     *Technology and Quality on Information*
>     Mauro Sérgio Ferreira Brasil
>     Coordenador de Projetos e Analista de Sistemas

__At.,
   _