[asterisk-users] Multiple user registration ...

Mauro Sergio Ferreira Brasil mauro.brasil at tqi.com.br
Fri Aug 28 07:38:57 CDT 2009

Thank you very much for all your help, Muhammad! (please let me know if
I should call you Faheem, instead).
I'll make some tests with this script on my premises as soon as possible.

Having a look on it, I couldn't realize how it really works in
conjunction with Asterisk.
I mean, it seems that the line cloning is acchieved by the
creation/update of a file (with a name that matches the SIP user name)
inside folder "/var/lib/asterisk/users".
The point is that I couldn't find any similar folder on my test server,
and a search on Google by this folder didn't returned any usefull results.
Am I missing something here ?

Suppose I want to acchieve this feature by database update.
I've noticed here that it will be a problem considering that field
"name" at "sip_buddies", that is my Realtime table for SIP users, have a
UNIQUE_KEY constraint.
Moreover, I don't know what will happen on Realtime (probably an error
or undesired behavior) that seems to be expecting just one record user
record information.
Have you tried database approach ?

Thanks again and best regards,
Mauro.

Faheem escreveu:
> Mauro,
>
> Yes, you will receive simultaneous ring on all devices which are
> registered with the same SIP User Account.
>
> If a SIP user is registered on multiple devices i.e. only one SIP
> account is used and only one extension is used here in my
> implementation, then he will ring on all registered SIP enabled
> devices/softphones.
>
> Also I've tested it with following combinations of SIP enabled
> devices/Softphones.
>
> 1) Both ports of SPA2100 are registered with one SIP account(Same IP
> address but different ports)
> 2) The same SIP user is registered with one port of SAP2100 and the
> same user is registered with Xten (multiple IP addresses)
> 3) The same SIP User is registered with two different SIP Dialers.
>
> Here in these three cases I've sucessfully able to receive concurrent
> ring on the registered devices/softphones. Also CDR are working correctly.
>
> The perl script works perfectly with my customization, you need to
> modify it according to  your requirements.
>

> Muhammad Faheem
> Software Engineer
> AxVoice Inc.
> 307,Y Commercial,
> DHA Lahore, Pakistan
> +92-333-4793314
> http://www.axvoice.com

__At.,
   _

*Technology and Quality on Information*
Mauro Sérgio Ferreira Brasil
Coordenador de Projetos e Analista de Sistemas
+ mauro.brasil at tqi.com.br <mailto:@tqi.com.br>
: www.tqi.com.br <http://www.tqi.com.br>
( + 55 (34)3291-1700
( + 55 (34)9971-2572