[asterisk-users] POTS supervision with DAHDI in 1.4 releases

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Aug 27 10:21:47 CDT 2009

Danny Nicholas wrote:

>                This may be a dumb question, but here goes.  When I was
> on 1.4.21.2 using Zaptel, I had (at least as far as I could tell) access
> to line supervision on my POTS lines using a TDM400P/TDM410P.   Since
> upgrading to the DAHDI branches of 1.4 (SVN and 1.4.26.1), I’ve only
> been able to duplicate the success of the 1.4.21 functionality once.

There were no significant functional changes in the transition from
Zaptel to DAHDI, except for feature additions in DAHDI. While it is
certainly possible that chan_dahdi has had changes that are affecting
this behavior for you, it should not matter whether you build against
Zaptel or DAHDI.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kpfleming at digium.com