[asterisk-users] Multiple user registration ...

Mauro Sergio Ferreira Brasil mauro.brasil at tqi.com.br
Thu Aug 27 10:00:18 CDT 2009

Hi Muhammad, and thanks a lot for the answer.

On this moment I'm making some tests in order to collect enough
information to participate of a meeting at the end of this day regarding
the use of Asterisk.
I won't have time to validate your contribution before this meeting and
this info would be very handfull.

So... could you please just clarify me if this approach you've used
allows multiple SIP clients (softphone, ATA, VoIP-Celular) registrate
with Asterisk using the same SIP user (like SIP/101, for example) on
such way that if someone call this number all clients gets
simultaneously called?

Thanks and best regards,
Mauro.

Faheem escreveu:
> [...]
> run agi script to get all strings eg.
> first Device:       SIP/User at 192.168.0.123:5061
> second Device:  SIP/User at 10.0.0.150:6060
>
> The complete script is attached.
>

> Muhammad Faheem
> Software Engineer
> AxVoice Inc.
> 307,Y Commercial,
> DHA Lahore, Pakistan
> +92-333-4793314
> http://www.axvoice.com <http://advcomm.net/>
>

> --- On *Wed, 8/26/09, Mauro Sergio Ferreira Brasil
> /<mauro.brasil at tqi.com.br>/* wrote:
>

>     From: Mauro Sergio Ferreira Brasil <mauro.brasil at tqi.com.br>
>     Subject: [asterisk-users] Multiple user registration ...
>     <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
>     Date: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 7:07 PM
>
>     Hello there!
>
>     We are planning to use Asterisk on our VoIP platform, and we are
>     spending some brains on a way to provide the following facility: let
>     some SIP user (extension) registrate with more than one client (ATA,
>     SoftPhone, VoipCelular, etc) - what isn't a problem at all -,
>     initiate
>     calls from any of this devices that are registrated with the same
>     user -
>     no problems on tests too -, but also receive INVITE requests on "all"
>     devices if someone calls this user - yeah... here the thing gets
>     creepy.
>     The demand is quite simple: let a user registrate with multiple
>     devices
>     using the same SIP user on such way that if someone call him, all
>     these
>     registered devices will ring and the first to take the call will
>     be "the
>     lucky one".
>     The demand, as I've said, is quite simple and logical (translated
>     to our
>     living world), but the reality is a very different history.
>
>     On our tests, always is the last registered application/device that
>     receives the call indication.
>     And only the last one.
>
>     We are making some tests trying to "kind of deceive" Asterisk on
>     second,
>     third, and additional, registrations so it receives from Realtime
>     "fake"
>     extensions numbers on such a way that we can use all these fake
>     extensions to build a queue dinamicaly (through ARA) and provide the
>     desired "ring on all" functionality.
>     I think this will lead us to lots of SIP sinalization and multi user
>     registration problems, but that was the best shot we had here
>     until now.
>
>     I would like to know if anyone had the same demand and, maybe, have
>     found any viable solution to it.
>
>     Thanks and best regards,
>
>     --
>     __At.,
>
>        _
>
>     *Technology and Quality on Information*
>     Mauro Sérgio Ferreira Brasil
>     Coordenador de Projetos e Analista de Sistemas

__At.,
   _