[asterisk-users] Call variables(dialstatus?)

James Mutuku listmutuku at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 07:21:28 CDT 2009

...the above post lacked some details

I am running asterisk 1.2.9.1. I looked into devstate(). I still can't
figure how to use it. My dial plan gives "1215 has state 0" on all
scenarios.

Below is my script. I am dialing 1215,then I get a prompt on the state of
extension 1215. I have set extension 1215 to busy(by making several calls to
other extensions). I still get the prompt "1215 has a state 0". Below is my
script. What am I doing wrong?.

exten => 1215,1,Answer
exten => 1215,2,Flite("${EXTEN} has state ${devstate(${EXTEN})}")
exten => 1215,3,Hangup

Thanks in advance.

My goal in the end is to achieve the scenario (example using extension A and
Extension B)

1. Extension A has a line apperance of 4(4 calls can ring on it).
2. Extension B calls extension A(which is busy on one of the lines).
3. Extension A sees the second light blinking and hears the beeps (currently
working).
4. Extension B is notified that extension A is on another call.