[asterisk-users] Multiple user registration ...

Mauro Sergio Ferreira Brasil mauro.brasil at tqi.com.br
Wed Aug 26 09:07:52 CDT 2009

Hello there!

We are planning to use Asterisk on our VoIP platform, and we are
spending some brains on a way to provide the following facility: let
some SIP user (extension) registrate with more than one client (ATA,
SoftPhone, VoipCelular, etc) - what isn't a problem at all -, initiate
calls from any of this devices that are registrated with the same user -
no problems on tests too -, but also receive INVITE requests on "all"
devices if someone calls this user - yeah... here the thing gets creepy.
The demand is quite simple: let a user registrate with multiple devices
using the same SIP user on such way that if someone call him, all these
registered devices will ring and the first to take the call will be "the
lucky one".
The demand, as I've said, is quite simple and logical (translated to our
living world), but the reality is a very different history.

On our tests, always is the last registered application/device that
receives the call indication.
And only the last one.

We are making some tests trying to "kind of deceive" Asterisk on second,
third, and additional, registrations so it receives from Realtime "fake"
extensions numbers on such a way that we can use all these fake
extensions to build a queue dinamicaly (through ARA) and provide the
desired "ring on all" functionality.
I think this will lead us to lots of SIP sinalization and multi user
registration problems, but that was the best shot we had here until now.

I would like to know if anyone had the same demand and, maybe, have
found any viable solution to it.

Thanks and best regards,

--
__At.,
   _

*Technology and Quality on Information*
Mauro Sérgio Ferreira Brasil
Coordenador de Projetos e Analista de Sistemas
+ mauro.brasil at tqi.com.br <mailto:@tqi.com.br>
: www.tqi.com.br <http://www.tqi.com.br>
( + 55 (34)3291-1700
( + 55 (34)9971-2572