[asterisk-users] Bria / eyebeam: no RTCP while on hold

Paul Herman herman at cleverbridge.com
Wed Aug 26 06:42:52 CDT 2009

Hi!

I use Bria and eyebeam and it seems that asterisk doesn't send RCTP
keepalives when a SIP channel is on hold.   This is a known issue as is
described here:

   http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+phone+Bria

This gets very annoying because very often people are put on hold longer
than 30 seconds (the phone's default.)  In a company with more than 100
soft phones it is a lot of work to configure each phone for what seems
like a workaround rather than a solution.

I don't know much about RTP so my question is, anyone know any
particular reason why asterisk doesn't send RCTP keepalives while on
hold?  Is this possibly a bug?

Cheers,

Paul Herman