[asterisk-users] Asterisk Autodialer

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Aug 25 15:05:01 CDT 2009

Steve Totaro wrote:

> Agreed, simple cron jobs can count and distribute call files across
> servers with very little scripting.
>
> It is simple, and simple and efficient, and that is good.

If the requirements are also simple, I'd be the last to argue with the
simplest approach.

In every case in which I've dealt with this, the requirements creep up
and rapidly get more sophisticated once the initial proof of concept
that just does plain old iterative dialing is in place.

That progression of events will most likely visit upon the implementor a
sense that better care should have been taken to plan ahead
architecturally.

> The AMI has been notorious for bogging down and halting systems when
> used in an intensive way.

I've never seen that, myself.  But I have no trouble believing it.

That problem - along with Asterisk's other scalability quirks - must be
properly managed.  More boxes to spread the calls onto and
underutilising the hardware on each node is a better extreme to tend
toward than the opposite.

-- Alex

--
Alex Balashov - Principal