[asterisk-users] Asterisk Autodialer

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Tue Aug 25 11:34:29 CDT 2009

That would be a qualified yes.  The problem you will face is this;  Say you
want to do 1000 calls and you have 25 lines you can use.  If you dump all
1000 calls into /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing at once, asterisk will try to
process all 1000 at once, which will lead to some problems.   The way to
accommodate this is to "plan" your calls in such a way as they can process
in groups.  Let's say that you expect each automated call to take 3 minutes.
You could set up a job to release 25 files every 3 minutes to /v/s/a/o and
would mostly be running well.  Of course some calls will last longer and
some shorter, but pbx_spool will take care of that easily as long as the
load isn't too great.  You could even do 30-35 calls to account for hangups,
etc.

  _____