[asterisk-users] Autodial not waiting for voicemail

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 11:09:03 CDT 2009

Hi All -

I'm setting up a corporate emergency broadcast system that uses an
autodialer to contact all company employees. Everything works fine
except if the auto-dialed calls go to the end users' voicemail.  If
that happens, asterisk starts playback of the emergency message while
the voicemail system on the other end is playing its outgoing message.
 The result is that the beginning (or all) of my emergency message is
clipped off.

It seems like overkill to try and use DSP to detect if the call has
reached voicemail (detect the beep?), but I can't think of any other
reasonable way to get the full message to the end users' voicemail.  I
guess I could prepend a "welcome" message just to kill some time while
the user's outgoing greeting is playing, but that's still somewhat
unreliable, especially if the user has a long outgoing message.  Has
anybody found a way to deal with this?

Thanks!
Noah