[asterisk-users] how to install asterisk

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Mon Aug 24 10:42:20 CDT 2009

> 2009/8/21 <asterisk at opensourcesolution.in>
>
>> i have to configures asterisk n my hardware details are

Is it just me, or would you think someone from a domain named like
"Open Source Solution" should be able to figure this one out...

On Mon, 24 Aug 2009, Valter Nogueira wrote:

> I have a small script that do the trick for you.
> http://www.fastway.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/install_asterisk.sh

Just a suggestion...

If you define the version numbers as variables your script will be
easier to maintain. For example:

 	ADDONS_VERSION=1.4.7
 	ASTERISK_VERSION=1.4.23.1
 	LIBPRI_VERSION=1.4.9
 	ZAPTEL_VERSION=1.4.12

cd /usr/src

wget http://downloads.digium.com/pub/libpri/releases/libpri-${LIBPRI_VERSION}.tar.gz
wget http://downloads.digium.com/pub/zaptel/releases/zaptel-${ZAPTEL_VERSION}.tar.gz
wget http://downloads.digium.com/pub/asterisk/releases/asterisk-${ASTERISK_VERSION}.tar.gz
wget http://downloads.digium.com/pub/asterisk/releases/asterisk-addons-${ADDONS_VERSION}.tar.gz

tar -zxvf libpri-${LIBPRI_VERSION}.tar.gz
tar -zxvf zaptel-${ZAPTEL_VERSION}.tar.gz
tar -zxvf asterisk-${ASTERISK_VERSION}.tar.gz
tar -zxvf asterisk-addons-${ADDONS_VERSION}.tar.gz

--
Thanks in advance,