[asterisk-users] * 1.4 -> 1.6, zaptel -> dahdi

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Sun Aug 23 23:15:42 CDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-08-19 at 13:47 -0500, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> extensions.conf is fully supported in Asterisk 1.6.x; there have been
> some syntax changes (which are covered in the UPGRADE files)

I was able to overcome a few more hurdles and make this work.  Little
annoyances such as (after some Google searching) discovering that I have
to #include "dahdi-channels.conf" in the chan_dahdi.conf file in order
for my DAHDI card to work. But now I have run into a show stopper; I am
getting this error when trying to negotiate my incoming call menu:

[Aug 23 18:15:39] WARNING[6532] chan_dahdi.c: Cannot handle frames in 2
format
[Aug 23 18:15:39] WARNING[6532] file.c: Failed to write frame

This is apparently the same problem reported in this bug:

https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=15129

It occurs immediately as soon as a number is pressed on the phone when
responding to the voice menu from my dialplan. So everything works
except we can't receive any calls )-:

I note that this bug was reported in mid-May and is marked as severity
"major", but there has been no update on it in over a month.

Is this what I'm seeing? Are there any workarounds or am I just screwed,
blued, and tatooed?

--Greg