[asterisk-users] Create VoiceMenu SNAFU

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 13:43:22 CDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 11:45 PM, Gary Baribault<gary at baribault.net> wrote:
>      I'm new to Asterisk, but am a relatively accomplished Linux guy
> (RH5.1) .. I'm using the Asterisk-GUI to try and create a menu for
> incoming calls on an Analog Trunk. I have recorded some .WAV files for
>
> learn a lot! The problem is that one of our administrators is absolutely
> a newbi to Linux, so I have to make this work with the GUI .. any help
> or suggestions would be appreciated!

I have no idea for how the Asterisk-GUI works, and no answer for your
pointed question.
For your more general question of how to make a GUI work with
asterisk, specifically with regard to IVR building, I have had good
luck with getting non-linux folk to use FreePBX.

Totally web-based, and for us, it 'just worked'.