[asterisk-users] Patton smartnode 463x (BRI) 25ms tail echo cancellation

Gaëtan Minet gminet-ml at mcit.be
Sat Aug 22 09:29:42 CDT 2009

Hi all

We use pci/pci-e BRI cards in our installations. Due to echo problems
(that was before Oslec and others), we quickly switched to cards with
hardware-based EC.
So we use exclusively Digium B410p cards that provide 64ms tail EC.

For several reasons we'd like to switch to external BRI gateways like
the Patton smartnodes (the price is getting really close to a B410p).

I'm however curious about their HW EC. I see in the datasheets that it
only has 25ms tail per channel (pri are 128ms, but not BRI).
Are some of you using these gateway and do your experience (many)
echo problems on calls ?

Our other alternative is to use sangoma cards that have 128ms HW EC
and seem more stable overall, but it is yet a bit more expensive.

Thanks for your feedback.

Regards,
Gaetan