[asterisk-users] mysql sip realtime

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Fri Aug 21 21:56:33 CDT 2009

On Friday 21 August 2009 20:20:14 Jonathan Thurman wrote:
> >> When I reload chan_sip.so, it seems that connected terminals are no
> >> longer detected by Asterisk because when I tape CLI command "sip show
> >> peers", there is no results displayed. Any reflexions about that ?
> >
> > They won't be found in the CLI command until Asterisk receives another
> > packet from that peer and a load from the database is forced.
>
> Would it be useful to have a way to 'precache' entries in realtime?
> So you could do a reload then a 'precache', or maybe just some way to
> have realtime update the cache from the database base on a record
> modification date.  This might make it appear more like a static sip
> configuration, just using the database for storage.  It would also
> seem to make it more 'realtime' if things were bidirectional.
>
> I haven't looked that much into the realtime code, but this could be
> an interesting project if others think it would be useful.

Ideally, the way realtime works, it shouldn't matter at all whether the record
exists in memory or in the database.  In reality, there's a few cases where
the data needs to exist in memory for a particular event to occur correctly
(such as device state notifications).  I think a better goal would be to get
Realtime integration to a better place where device state notifications (and
other events that require a SIP peer to be in-memory) could actually
be delivered to a realtime host not in memory and the realtime caching that
we currently need to get things to work correctly could go away entirely.

--
Tilghman & Teryl
with Peter, Cottontail, Midnight, Thumper, & Johnny (bunnies)