[asterisk-users] Queue Question

James A. Shigley jas at answeringserv.com
Fri Aug 21 15:00:21 CDT 2009

First off this is not my work for extensions.conf it is modified from

http://leifmadsen.wordpress.com/2009/07/15/migrating-from-agentcallbackl
ogin-to-standard-dialplan-methods-part-1/

So credit to Leif Madsen <http://www.leifmadsen.com>

But as to my question

[AgentLogin]

;A replaced version of AgentCallbackLogin() using a GoSub()

;

exten => XXXXXXXXXX,1,Verbose(2,Logging in agent)

exten => XXXXXXXXXX,n,WaitExten(5)

exten => XXXXXXXXXX,n,GoSub(AgentCallbackLogin,start,1)

exten => XXXXXXXXXX,n,Hangup()

[AgentLogOut]

exten =>
XXXXXXXXXX,1,RemoveQueueMember(9819930,DAHDI/g1/${CALLERID(num)})

; calling 'primary' queue

;

exten => XXXXXXXXXX,1,Verbose(2,Calling into the primary queue)

exten => XXXXXXXXXX,n,Playback(silence/1)

exten => XXXXXXXXXX,n,Queue(9819930)

exten => XXXXXXXXXX,n,Hangup()

;

[AgentCallbackLogin]

; conversion of AgentCallbackLogin() to using AddQueueMember()

;

exten => start,1,Verbose(2,Logging in agent)

exten => start,n,Playback(silence/1)

exten => start,n,Read(AGENT_USERID,agent-user)

exten => start,n,VMauthenticate(${AGENT_USERID}@default)

exten => start,n,AddQueueMember(Queue,DAHDI/g1/${CALLERID(num)})

exten => start,n,Playback(agent-loginok)

exten => start,n,Return()

Queue Context from Queues.conf

[Queue]

music=default

strategy=linear

timeout=5

retry=5

wrapuptime=0

maxlen = 0

announce-frequency = 0

announce-holdtime = no

Ok Here is how I would like this queue to work

First try and deliver the call to the Dynamic Agents who login using the
above Setup from extensions. I of course want that to be linear in
fashion with 5 seconds to try each one. BUT if none of the dynamic
agents are available or if there are no dynamic agents I want to send
that call to an interface/context. We are an answering service. If no
agent is available in the queue I want to send it to the Interface which
goes to my TAS equipment.

So DAHDI/g2/Exten

How do I accomplish that because I can't figure it out from googling or
http://www.voip-info.org/

James Shigley

Monroe Telephone Answering Service

409-981-9213

Infinity 5.5,UC 4.02.3803, Blink 3.0.104

Ecreator:2.21, eResponse 1.1.7

Webportal,WebApps,

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email, including any attachments, contains
information which may be confidential or privileged. The information =is
intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If
you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is
prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the
sender immediately by "reply to sender only" message and destroy all
electronic and hard copies of the communication, including attachments.