[asterisk-users] Dial(local/ call loses audio.

Pete Cummings pete at linuxcowboy.com
Fri Aug 21 08:00:52 CDT 2009

Hi,

I have an app that makes a call via originate or a call file the dumps
into an IVR context in extensions.conf. The call works fine, except that
the cdr never gets set ss ANSWERED. I tried a work around where the call
dumps to a context which then Dials(local/) to a second context which is
the actual IVR. This works and the cdr is right, BUT the audio is toast.
I suspect the codec, but I cant tell. I actually do get some audio, but
it's garbled, slow and pretty low volume. The app works fine with a Goto
instead of a Dial(local).

Here's my app:

Callfile:

Channel: SIP/DD3/12028441212
Callerid: 2015551212
MaxRetries: 1
RetryTime: 40
WaitTime: 40
Context: head
Extension: s

Then in extensions.conf:

[head]
exten => s,1,Verbose(8,XFR)
exten => s,3,Answer()
exten => s,4,Wait(3)
exten => s,5,Dial(local/s at body1/nj,3,t)
exten => s,n,Hangup()

[body]
exten => s,1,Verbose(9,EDC)
exten => s,n,Playback(niceMusic)
exten => s,n,NoOp( Dial Status: ${DIALSTATUS})
exten => s,n,Hangup()