[asterisk-users] Cannot play soundfile, doesnt find it or wrong format? Weird, worked yesterday! :-)

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Thu Aug 20 19:36:47 CDT 2009

On Fri, 21 Aug 2009, Lee, John (Sydney) wrote:

> How can I check what format my channels are using?

Format? Format is the "envelope." Codec is the algorithm used to encode
and decode.

Try "sip show peer <peer-name>" to see which codecs are configured
(allowed) for that peer.

Some variant of "show channel <channel-name>" will show you what codecs
are being used by an in-progress call.

--
Thanks in advance,