[asterisk-users] PRI Connected to definity errors

Dave Fullerton dfullertasterisk at shorelinecontainer.com
Thu Aug 20 14:58:41 CDT 2009

C F wrote:
> We have setup asterisk to handle our calls before between telco and an
> Avaya definity. The PRI keeps locking up every so often.
> In addition I keep getting this error when trying to call the avaya:
>     -- Channel 0/2, span 1 got hangup request, cause 102
>     -- Hungup 'Zap/2-1'
> When that error happens I get a fast busy (congestion) tone.
>
> Any one can point me in the right direction?
>
> TIA

I can't offer any help as to what is causing it, but according to this:

http://networking.ringofsaturn.com/RemoteAccess/isdncausecodes.php

"Cause No. 102 - recovery on timer expiry.
This cause indicates that a procedure has been initiated by the
expiration of a timer in association with error handling procedures.
What it means:
This is seen in situations where ACO (Alternate Call Offering) is being
used. With this type of call pre-emption, the Telco switch operates a
timer. For example, when an analog call is placed to a Netopia router
that has two B Data Channels in place, the router relinquishes the
second channel, but if it doesn't happen in the time allotted by the
switch programming, the call will not ring through and will be discarded
by the switch."

-Dave