[asterisk-users] Cannot play soundfile, doesnt find it or wrong format? Weird, worked yesterday! :-)

Johan Sandgren jsa at svep.se
Thu Aug 20 10:47:19 CDT 2009

I'm trying to play a wav-file on a channel.

This is what I see in the asterisk debug console

AGI Rx << STREAM FILE "test.wav" "12345"
[Aug 20 16:10:19] WARNING[25219]: file.c:602 ast_openstream_full: File test.wav does not exist in any format

So it doesn't find the file, or it's in a wrong format?

I can listen to it with windows media player... it's a wave-file.
I even recorded it yesterday with asterisk recordFile as a wav-file.
And it did play yesterday! :)
Weird!

It's still in the same folder: /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/

But even then, I get this error message mentioned.

Where should I search for the error?

I'm out of ideas

/Johan

Johan Sandgren