[asterisk-users] CAP_FOWNER=ep for asterisk

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Thu Aug 20 10:05:18 CDT 2009

On Thursday 20 August 2009 08:05:16 Matt Riddell wrote:
> On 20/08/09 11:52 PM, Raimund Sacherer wrote:
> >> Cron job that runs as root, copies a file and touches it?
> >>
> >> If you need instant rather than schedule then use incron or inotify.
> >
> > Hi Matt,
> >
> > I am not very happy solutions wrapped around the inotify but as there is
> > at least a cron like daemon for it i'l give this a try.
> >
> :)
>
> Didn't call files move to inotify?  Or was that some other part of
> Asterisk?

Not yet.  We haven't been able to reproduce the problem that some people
have reported with the current code, where occasionally, a file does not get
picked up, because it arrives at exactly the right second (some sort of race).
What we did change was to use inotify to notice when somebody changes the
/etc/localtime file/link, such that we rescan the timezone before making more
timezone translations.

--
Tilghman & Teryl
with Peter, Cottontail, Midnight, Thumper, & Johnny (bunnies)