[asterisk-users] mysql sip realtime

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Thu Aug 20 08:07:27 CDT 2009

On Thursday 20 August 2009 06:54:12 harry R wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have some question about mysql realtime.
> 1) Anyone know exactly if there is a specific order to declare sip table
> column for realtime ? In which file can I find that order ?

There is no specific order, but columns are processed in the order in which
they are found in the table.  That means if you use the combination of
deny/permit and disallow/allow, then those columns should be found in that
order.  There is a sample table layout in contrib/scripts/sip-friends.sql.

> 2) In my extconfig.conf, [settings] are :
> sipusers => mysql,general,siptable
> sippeers => mysql,general,siptable
>
> so means that I use realtime dynamic exactly ?
> Is it normal if some parameters from sip.conf still used ?

Dynamic realtime is in addition to, not instead of, sip.conf.

> I notice when I change some values in my mysql database, these new values
> are not directly updated when I reload chan_sip.so module and tape CLI
> command "sip show peer <peername>". Is it normal ?

I just fixed a bug (yesterday) related to realtime and the use of the 'sip
reload' command.  That is available in the latest 1.6 branches.  The bug did
not affect 1.4, however.

> When I reload chan_sip.so, it seems that connected terminals are no longer
> detected by Asterisk because when I tape CLI command "sip show peers",
> there is no results displayed. Any reflexions about that ?

They won't be found in the CLI command until Asterisk receives another packet
from that peer and a load from the database is forced.

--
Tilghman & Teryl
with Peter, Cottontail, Midnight, Thumper, & Johnny (bunnies)