[asterisk-users] CAP_FOWNER=ep for asterisk

Raimund Sacherer rs at runsolutions.com
Thu Aug 20 04:06:18 CDT 2009

On Aug 20, 2009, at 10:21 AM, Matt Riddell wrote:

> On 20/08/09 7:26 PM, Raimund Sacherer wrote:
>> We have a click2call solution which at first connected to asterisk
>> via
>> the manager, but this created under some circumstances a blocking
>> situation where other apache processes which gather the state of the
>> agents blocked to and this got at times out of hand and lead
>> ultimatly
>> to a deadlock (around 2 times a day at more worse days).
>
> Why not do asynchronous originates?

Hmm, i don't know about asynchronous originates, I guess it would be a
possibility, but I am really burned with the manager interface as our
client is a call-center and they are really not happy at all with all
the problems in the past, so I rather not try to use the ami once more
right now.

I have the system quite stable right now with the only left over issue
the warnings/errors from asterisk about not being able to update the
utime on the call-files.

another issue on hand, the clients have to possibility to specify if
they want to be called right now or at a later time, and for "at a
later time" we need the call files anyway.

so any other thoughts regarding permissions besides the capability
change?

thank you,
best
Ray