[asterisk-users] AsteriskGUI Create VoiceMenu SNAFU

Gary Baribault gary at baribault.net
Wed Aug 19 15:25:12 CDT 2009

Hi All,

     I'm new to Asterisk, but am a relatively accomplished Linux guy
(RH5.1) .. I'm using the Asterisk-GUI to try and create a menu for
incoming calls on an Analog Trunk. I have recorded some .WAV files for
the menu, but when I try to upload the files, I get an AG101 message. So
I copied the files to /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/record .. when I go to
the Voice Menu Prompts selection down the left side of the Asterisk-GUI,
I see my four files with the options to record again, play and delete.
If I then go to the Voice Menu option to configure a Voice Menu, and
click on the Create New VoiceMenu, I get nothing .. nada .. kaput .. how
the heck do I create a menu for an incoming call on a Trunk?

     When I started this project I knew it would be fun .. I would learn
a lot! The problem is that one of our administrators is absolutely a
newbi to Linux, so I have to make this work with the GUI .. any help or
suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks

Gary B